SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco 49ers leading wide receiver Michael Crabtree has had surgery to repair a torn right Achilles tendon.
Crabtree was operated on Wednesday, one day after suffering the injury during an organized team activity.
Coach Jim Harbaugh would not speculate when Crabtree might return to play, but the injury is not necessarily season ending.
The 25-year-old Crabtree, the team's 10th overall pick in the 2009 draft out of Texas Tech, had career highs last season with 85 receptions for 1,105 yards and nine touchdowns for the NFC champion Niners, who lost 34-31 to the Baltimore Ravens in the Super Bowl.
USA Today first reported that Crabtree was hurt during Tuesday's OTA, citing an unidentified source.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies