CINCINNATI, Ohio - Matt Stainbrook led Xavier's dominant inside game, and Myles Davis made 5 of his 7 shots from beyond the arc Monday night, helping Xavier pull away to a 93-65 victory over Abilene Christian.
Xavier (5-0) completed an opening stretch of five home games that included a victory over Tennessee. The Musketeers leave for the Bahamas and a tournament that opens with a game against No. 23 Iowa.
Xavier is 178-25 overall in 14 seasons at the Cintas Center, including 87-12 against nonconference teams.
Stainbrook had nine points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Davis finished with 15 points. Semaj Christian scored 17 points and had six assists as Xavier pushed the pace, got fast-break baskets and finished with a season high in points.
Harrison Hawkins scored 15 for Abilene Christian (2-6).
Abilene Christian hasn't beaten a Division I school since its 93-89 win over Pepperdine on Dec. 3, 1984.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated