RICHARDSON, Texas - OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Richard Young, QB, Fr., Howard Payne
Quarterback Richard Young (Gunter, Texas/Gunter HS) was 31-for-41 for 372 yards and rushed for 65 yards as he led the Yellow Jackets in a 47-36 conference victory over East Texas Baptist. Young's six touchdowns on the day, four throwing and two rushing, are the most touchdowns scored by one man in a single game in the ASC this season.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Baylor Mullins, LB, Fr., Mary Hardin-Baylor
Linebacker Baylor Mullins (Merkel, Texas/Merkel HS) led the UMHB defense with nine total tackles and he completely changed the momentum with a 23-yard interception return for a touchdown on HSU's first possession of the second half. He also broke up two other passes while leading a Cru defense that held the high-powered HSU offense to seven points and just 180 yards of total offense.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Chris Wimby, PR, So., Mary Hardin-Baylor
Punt returner Chris Wimby (Irving, Texas/Ranchview HS) gave UMHB good field position all day on punt returns. He returned one punt 71 yards for a touchdown and averaged 23.7 yards over six returns in the Cru's victory.
Information provided by ASC media department.
- Updated Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Updated Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Updated Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring