DALLAS - Darren Collison led six players in double figures with 23 points and the Dallas Mavericks matched their season high with a third straight win in a 113-98 victory against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday night.
The Mavericks overcame an early spark from former Dallas guard J.J. Barea, who became a starter midway through the 2011 NBA finals against Miami and helped the franchise rally to its first title.
Barea, who was injured in two previous trips to Dallas, led the Timberwolves with 21 points. He kept Minnesota close in the first half and had a hand in a fourth-quarter rally that cut a 23-point deficit to eight.
The Timberwolves finished a 0-4 road trip that coach Rick Adelman missed for personal reasons.
O.J. Mayo and Elton Brand had 20 points each for Dallas. It was a season high for Brand. Mayo also had nine assists.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account