DALLAS - Darren Collison led six players in double figures with 23 points and the Dallas Mavericks matched their season high with a third straight win in a 113-98 victory against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday night.
The Mavericks overcame an early spark from former Dallas guard J.J. Barea, who became a starter midway through the 2011 NBA finals against Miami and helped the franchise rally to its first title.
Barea, who was injured in two previous trips to Dallas, led the Timberwolves with 21 points. He kept Minnesota close in the first half and had a hand in a fourth-quarter rally that cut a 23-point deficit to eight.
The Timberwolves finished a 0-4 road trip that coach Rick Adelman missed for personal reasons.
O.J. Mayo and Elton Brand had 20 points each for Dallas. It was a season high for Brand. Mayo also had nine assists.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- US Supreme Court refuses appeals from 3 on Texas death row
- Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program