MINNEAPOLIS - Kevin Correia pitched eight sharp innings, Justin Morneau homered and the Minnesota Twins beat the Texas Rangers 5-0 Sunday.
The Rangers lost consecutive games for the first time this season.
Correia (3-1) gave up six hits, struck out two and walked one. He allowed only one runner to reach third base while lowering his ERA to 2.23.
Correia has pitched at least seven innings in each of his first five starts for the Twins after going seven or more only three times all of last season.
- Updated Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills