IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys have waived quarterback Dalton Williams and offensive tackle J.B. Shugarts, creating more roster space four days before their first training camp practice.
The move Wednesday on Williams, a rookie free agent from Akron, leaves Dallas with three quarterbacks in Tony Romo, Kyle Orton and Nick Stephens.
Shugarts is a second-year player out of Ohio State.
The Cowboys have three open spots on their 90-man camp roster after last week's release of fullback Lawrence Vickers.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field