DALLAS - Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent has been jailed in North Texas after failing a second drug test.
Court records in Dallas County on Thursday show Brent tested positive for marijuana after submitting to a urine test last week. The test result is a violation of bond conditions imposed after being charged late last year with intoxication manslaughter.
Brent had failed an initial drug test in May.
He's being held without bond pending a court hearing scheduled for July 19.
Authorities say Brent was driving Dec. 8 when he wrecked, causing the death of Cowboys practice squad player Jerry Brown. They say Brent's blood-alcohol level was more than twice the limit of .08.
His attorney, George Milner, was not immediately available for comment Thursday.
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/06/27/4968887/cowboys-dt-brent-jailed-following.html#storylink=cpy
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated