DALLAS - Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent has been jailed in North Texas after failing a second drug test.
Court records in Dallas County on Thursday show Brent tested positive for marijuana after submitting to a urine test last week. The test result is a violation of bond conditions imposed after being charged late last year with intoxication manslaughter.
Brent had failed an initial drug test in May.
He's being held without bond pending a court hearing scheduled for July 19.
Authorities say Brent was driving Dec. 8 when he wrecked, causing the death of Cowboys practice squad player Jerry Brown. They say Brent's blood-alcohol level was more than twice the limit of .08.
His attorney, George Milner, was not immediately available for comment Thursday.
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/06/27/4968887/cowboys-dt-brent-jailed-following.html#storylink=cpy
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic