DALLAS - Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent has been jailed in North Texas after failing a second drug test.
Court records in Dallas County on Thursday show Brent tested positive for marijuana after submitting to a urine test last week. The test result is a violation of bond conditions imposed after being charged late last year with intoxication manslaughter.
Brent had failed an initial drug test in May.
He's being held without bond pending a court hearing scheduled for July 19.
Authorities say Brent was driving Dec. 8 when he wrecked, causing the death of Cowboys practice squad player Jerry Brown. They say Brent's blood-alcohol level was more than twice the limit of .08.
His attorney, George Milner, was not immediately available for comment Thursday.
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/06/27/4968887/cowboys-dt-brent-jailed-following.html#storylink=cpy
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash