IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys have taken center Travis Frederick of Wisconsin with the 31st pick in the NFL draft after trading down 13 spots in a deal with San Francisco.
The Cowboys moved down Thursday night after several targets went off the board.
Offensive guards Jonathan Cooper of North Carolina and Chance Warmack of Alabama were taken in the top 10 and Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro went 15th to New Orleans - three ahead of Dallas' original slot.
Dallas got an extra third-round pick in the deal with the 49ers, the 74th overall. The Cowboys have six picks for the remaining six rounds.
The 6-foot-3, 312-pound Frederick started 31 of 32 career games at Wisconsin - 13 at guard and 18 at center.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth