IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys have taken center Travis Frederick of Wisconsin with the 31st pick in the NFL draft after trading down 13 spots in a deal with San Francisco.
The Cowboys moved down Thursday night after several targets went off the board.
Offensive guards Jonathan Cooper of North Carolina and Chance Warmack of Alabama were taken in the top 10 and Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro went 15th to New Orleans - three ahead of Dallas' original slot.
Dallas got an extra third-round pick in the deal with the 49ers, the 74th overall. The Cowboys have six picks for the remaining six rounds.
The 6-foot-3, 312-pound Frederick started 31 of 32 career games at Wisconsin - 13 at guard and 18 at center.
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk