IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys have signed tight end Gavin Escobar, their second-round draft pick.
With Escobar's deal Friday, the only of the team's seven draft picks unsigned is Travis Frederick. The Wisconsin center was selected 31st overall.
Escobar, the 47th overall pick in April, played 39 career games for San Diego State. He had 122 catches for 1,646 yards and 17 touchdowns in college, with 42 catches for 543 yards and six TDs last season.
Dallas has perennial Pro Bowl tight end Jason Witten, who led the Cowboys last season with 110 catches for 1,039 and three TDs. James Hanna, a sixth-round pick last year, caught eight passes for 86 yards as a rookie.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas