IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys have signed first-round pick Travis Frederick, the last of their unsigned draft choices.
The center from Wisconsin signed a four-year deal with a club option for a fifth on Tuesday. The Cowboys now have all seven draft picks under contract. Training camp starts July 21.
Frederick was the first-team center throughout offseason workouts, but is expected to battle fourth-year pro Phil Costa for the starting job in training camp. Frederick also will get work at guard, his previous position in college.
The Cowboys traded down 13 spots and picked Frederick at No. 31. They said the offensive line was a top priority after one of the worst rushing seasons in club history.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot