IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys have signed first-round pick Travis Frederick, the last of their unsigned draft choices.
The center from Wisconsin signed a four-year deal with a club option for a fifth on Tuesday. The Cowboys now have all seven draft picks under contract. Training camp starts July 21.
Frederick was the first-team center throughout offseason workouts, but is expected to battle fourth-year pro Phil Costa for the starting job in training camp. Frederick also will get work at guard, his previous position in college.
The Cowboys traded down 13 spots and picked Frederick at No. 31. They said the offensive line was a top priority after one of the worst rushing seasons in club history.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated