ABILENE, Texas - The opening-party stretched for weeks, capped off with an appearance by former Texas Longhorn star, and Bengals WR Jordan Shipley this week.
Shipley laced up the sneakers and went to work, breaking a seat in the brand new facility he co-owns with Indy Colts' Longsnapper Justin Snow, and Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten.
In the ex-Longhorn's case, being part of the ownership is great considering his roots.
"I was brought up here, and its kinda just felt like home," said Shipley.
"My dad coached at Abilene Christian, and so, I grew up going to football games, and the combination of Abilene and athletics is kinda special to me."
Shipley also took a moment to talk about rehabbing a torn ACL which cut his 2011 season with the Bengals short.
"I'm getting a lot better. I'm really close to 100 percent. Just getting ready to get the season started, working really hard rehabbing."
He also expects to be on the field for pre-season games this fall.
Made it through all the mini-camps and OTA's about 3-4 weeks ago," said Shipley.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies