DALLAS - The Dallas County district attorney says he's not surprised that Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent failed two drug tests while out on bond for intoxication manslaughter.
Brent is charged in a December car crash that killed practice squad player Jerry Brown. Court records show his bond was revoked after he tested positive twice for marijuana.
District Attorney Craig Watkins told a KRLD-FM of Dallas and Fort Worth last week that it's clear to him that Brent is struggling with addiction. Watkins says that Brent "still uses alcohol and illicit drugs," and he wants him jailed for the crash.
Those comments drew protests from Brent's attorney, George Milner, who on Tuesday called Watkins' comments inappropriate. Milner says he'll ask a judge to force Watkins to comply with ethics rules.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated