DALLAS - The Dallas County district attorney says he's not surprised that Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent failed two drug tests while out on bond for intoxication manslaughter.
Brent is charged in a December car crash that killed practice squad player Jerry Brown. Court records show his bond was revoked after he tested positive twice for marijuana.
District Attorney Craig Watkins told a KRLD-FM of Dallas and Fort Worth last week that it's clear to him that Brent is struggling with addiction. Watkins says that Brent "still uses alcohol and illicit drugs," and he wants him jailed for the crash.
Those comments drew protests from Brent's attorney, George Milner, who on Tuesday called Watkins' comments inappropriate. Milner says he'll ask a judge to force Watkins to comply with ethics rules.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017