DALLAS - The Dallas County district attorney says he's not surprised that Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent failed two drug tests while out on bond for intoxication manslaughter.
Brent is charged in a December car crash that killed practice squad player Jerry Brown. Court records show his bond was revoked after he tested positive twice for marijuana.
District Attorney Craig Watkins told a KRLD-FM of Dallas and Fort Worth last week that it's clear to him that Brent is struggling with addiction. Watkins says that Brent "still uses alcohol and illicit drugs," and he wants him jailed for the crash.
Those comments drew protests from Brent's attorney, George Milner, who on Tuesday called Watkins' comments inappropriate. Milner says he'll ask a judge to force Watkins to comply with ethics rules.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies