GRAPEVINE, Texas - Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Jay Ratliff is free on bond after his arrest on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
The 31-year-old nose tackle was arrested early Tuesday after his pickup truck sideswiped a semitrailer truck on Texas 114 in eastern Grapevine, 20 miles northwest of Dallas.
Grapevine police Officer Sam Shemwell says no one was injured, but Ratliff failed a field sobriety test and was taken to city jail. He declined a breath test, but Shemwell says police obtained a blood sample for testing.
Cowboys spokesman Rich Dalrymple declined comment.
Shemwell said the case will go to the Tarrant County district attorney's office in Fort Worth. If convicted, Ratliff could get up to six months in jail.
Ratliff was limited to six games this season with ankle and groin injuries.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera