NEW YORK - Baltimore first baseman Chris Davis has been picked to start for the American League in the All-Star game, drawing the most fan votes in the major leagues for his first selection.
Yu Darvish, Joe Nathan, and Nelson Cruz were selected to the AL all-star team as reserves.
Houston Astros outfielder Jason Castro was the lone Astro named as an AL all-star reserve.
The rosters for the All-Star game at Citi Field in New York on July 16 were announced Saturday night. The Orioles have three starters for the first time since Cal Ripken played in 1997. St. Louis, Cincinnati and Colorado each had two players picked by fans.
Shortstop J.J. Hardy and outfielder Adam Jones also made it for Baltimore. Outfielder Carlos Gonzalez and injured shortstop Troy Tulowitzki were selected from the Rockies. First baseman Joey Votto and second baseman Brandon Phillips have made it for the Reds. Outfielder Carlos Beltran and Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina, the NL's top vote-getter, are representing St. Louis.
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking