NEW YORK - Dillon Gee had his third straight stellar start, Lucas Duda hit one of three Mets homers and New York scored the most runs allowed by Shelby Miller in his young career for a 5-1 win over the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday night.
David Wright and Marlon Byrd also connected for the Mets, who snapped a three-game skid and improved to 2-6 in June. Duda drove in two runs, including a first-inning single that scored Daniel Murphy from first base.
With prized pitching prospect Zack Wheeler nearing his promotion to the big leagues, Gee (5-6) has done everything possible to protect his spot in the rotation. The right-hander has yielded only three earned runs over 21 innings in his past three starts - all wins.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget