SAN ANTONIO - Tim Duncan had 28 points and 19 rebounds and the San Antonio Spurs escaped with a 92-91 victory over Dallas on Thursday night, sweeping their season series with the Mavericks for the first time in 15 years.
Gary Neal added 16 points and Kawhi Leonard had 12 for San Antonio, which has the Western Conference's top record at 50-16.
Dirk Nowitzki had 21 points and 11 rebounds for Dallas, which had a four-game winning streak snapped.
San Antonio last swept Dallas during the regular season in 1998, Duncan's rookie season.
The Mavericks pulled within 92-91 on a 7-0 run capped by Nowitzki's fall-away jumper with 28.2 seconds left. After Manu Ginobili missed a jumper, Carter missed a long, fall-away 3 at the buzzer that would have won the game.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident