SAN ANTONIO - Tim Duncan had 28 points and 19 rebounds and the San Antonio Spurs escaped with a 92-91 victory over Dallas on Thursday night, sweeping their season series with the Mavericks for the first time in 15 years.
Gary Neal added 16 points and Kawhi Leonard had 12 for San Antonio, which has the Western Conference's top record at 50-16.
Dirk Nowitzki had 21 points and 11 rebounds for Dallas, which had a four-game winning streak snapped.
San Antonio last swept Dallas during the regular season in 1998, Duncan's rookie season.
The Mavericks pulled within 92-91 on a 7-0 run capped by Nowitzki's fall-away jumper with 28.2 seconds left. After Manu Ginobili missed a jumper, Carter missed a long, fall-away 3 at the buzzer that would have won the game.
- Abilene City Council to review entire code of ordinances
- Taylor County grand jury indicts 32 on criminal charges
- Abilene women indicted for trafficking meth with children in car
- Outdoor workout equipment now available at Red Bud Park in Abilene
- Abilene City Council approves rezoning for downtown microbrewery