HOUSTON - Yunel Escobar got three hits and drove in three runs, including a tiebreaking double in the 11th inning Thursday that sent the Tampa Bay Rays over the Houston Astros 7-5.
Brett Wallace homered twice for the Astros.
Jose Lobaton walked to start the 11th and moved to second on a passed ball by Jason Castro. Escobar then doubled into the right-field corner off Josh Fields (0-1).
Escobar gave the Rays an insurance run when he scored his second run of the day on a wild pitch later in the 11th.
Jamey Wright (2-1) pitched a scoreless 10th for the win and Fernando Rodney did the same in the 11th for his 18th save.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated