Tubby Smith has joined what was already an impressive roster of men's basketball coaches in the Big 12.
With Smith now coaching at Texas Tech, the Big 12 is the only league able to boast that all of its head coaches have taken teams to the NCAA tournament. Smith is the sixth Big 12 coach who has been to the Final Four, and joins Kansas' Bill Self as a national champion.
West Virginia coach Bob Huggins twice went to the NCAA Final Four before his Mountaineers joined the league last year. He said Tuesday during a summer teleconference with the coaches that having so many quality coaches in the same league is "extremely impressive."
The Big 12 hosts the Final Four next year, at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase