Tubby Smith has joined what was already an impressive roster of men's basketball coaches in the Big 12.
With Smith now coaching at Texas Tech, the Big 12 is the only league able to boast that all of its head coaches have taken teams to the NCAA tournament. Smith is the sixth Big 12 coach who has been to the Final Four, and joins Kansas' Bill Self as a national champion.
West Virginia coach Bob Huggins twice went to the NCAA Final Four before his Mountaineers joined the league last year. He said Tuesday during a summer teleconference with the coaches that having so many quality coaches in the same league is "extremely impressive."
The Big 12 hosts the Final Four next year, at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- US Supreme Court refuses appeals from 3 on Texas death row
- Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program