HOUSTON - Former Houston quarterback Case Keenum and former Texas A&M quarterback Stephen McGee are among eight players signed to reserve/future contracts by the Houston Texans.
The 6-foot Keenum spent last season on Houston's practice squad after signing as an undrafted free agent. The 6-3 McGee was a fourth-round pick by Dallas in 2009. He played in only three games for the Cowboys before he was cut at the end of training camp in 2012.
Defensive end Keith Browner, tight end Jake Byrne, receiver Jeff Maehl, linebackers Delano Johnson and Mike Mohamed and tackle Nick Mondek were also signed by Houston on Thursday. Maehl appeared in three games for Houston in 2011 after signing as an undrafted free agent. Mondek was a sixth-round pick by Houston in last year's draft.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer