HOUSTON - Former Houston quarterback Case Keenum and former Texas A&M quarterback Stephen McGee are among eight players signed to reserve/future contracts by the Houston Texans.
The 6-foot Keenum spent last season on Houston's practice squad after signing as an undrafted free agent. The 6-3 McGee was a fourth-round pick by Dallas in 2009. He played in only three games for the Cowboys before he was cut at the end of training camp in 2012.
Defensive end Keith Browner, tight end Jake Byrne, receiver Jeff Maehl, linebackers Delano Johnson and Mike Mohamed and tackle Nick Mondek were also signed by Houston on Thursday. Maehl appeared in three games for Houston in 2011 after signing as an undrafted free agent. Mondek was a sixth-round pick by Houston in last year's draft.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck