ABILENE, Texas - Abilene High and Wylie will both be representing Abilene in College Station this week at the State 7v7 Championships.
Abilene High is the lone Division I school representing the Big Country. The Eagles will play in Pool C and have to finish in the top two facing Klein Collins, West Mesquite, and Westlake.
The competition is pretty even across the board. Westlake went the farthest in 2013, as an area round finalist.
Wylie will be making it's 6th-straight trip, but they Bulldogs have yet to win a title.
Navasota will be the toughest match for the Bulldogs in Pool P. The Rattlers were unbeaten in district play last season, also being eliminated in the area round.
They'll also face Quanah and Rice Consolidated. The two in Class 3A and 2A respectively, both finishing under 500 in 2013.
The Bulldogs need to finish in the top two to advance to the championship round on Friday.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck