ABILENE, Texas - Week Zero in high school football across the Big Country is one of the most anticipated and unpredictable weeks of the season.
Eastland's Josh Moylan led a stampede over 3A Sweetwater, painting the first triumphant underdog portrait of the season for his 2A squad.
Moylan threw for 299 yards and three touchdowns, but added on an additional three touchdowns rushing. Moylan accounted for all six touchdowns Friday night to give
Eastland a 46-30 win over the Mustangs at home.
Although Eastland was the underdog facing Sweetwater, Moylan's level of play showed no doubts.
Moylan has been with head coach Brian Hulett since Hulett's arrival his seventh grade year. Moylan spent his freshman and sophomore year preparing under star quarterbacks Jarred Moylan and Trent Brittain.
Moylan and the Mavericks take Grandview at home at 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6.
- Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer