ABILENE, Texas - Week Zero in high school football across the Big Country is one of the most anticipated and unpredictable weeks of the season.
Eastland's Josh Moylan led a stampede over 3A Sweetwater, painting the first triumphant underdog portrait of the season for his 2A squad.
Moylan threw for 299 yards and three touchdowns, but added on an additional three touchdowns rushing. Moylan accounted for all six touchdowns Friday night to give
Eastland a 46-30 win over the Mustangs at home.
Although Eastland was the underdog facing Sweetwater, Moylan's level of play showed no doubts.
Moylan has been with head coach Brian Hulett since Hulett's arrival his seventh grade year. Moylan spent his freshman and sophomore year preparing under star quarterbacks Jarred Moylan and Trent Brittain.
Moylan and the Mavericks take Grandview at home at 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen