MIDLAND, Texas - The Merkel Badgers will play football for at least one more week, after beating Littlefield 21-14 on Thanksgiving Night.
the Badgers withstood a slugfest that left both teams scoreless in the first half.
The momentum picked up, and both teams exchanged scores, before tying the game at 14. Down 8-6 in the 4th quarter, the Badgers orchestrated an electric comeback that included 15 points.
Following this Area-Round victory in the 2A Div. I Region I bracket, the Badgers could face a familiar foe in Wall next week. The Hawks (9-1) play Bushland on Saturday in Snyder.
Merkel defeated Wall 40-29 in week one of the regular season.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated