MIDLAND, Texas - The Merkel Badgers will play football for at least one more week, after beating Littlefield 21-14 on Thanksgiving Night.
the Badgers withstood a slugfest that left both teams scoreless in the first half.
The momentum picked up, and both teams exchanged scores, before tying the game at 14. Down 8-6 in the 4th quarter, the Badgers orchestrated an electric comeback that included 15 points.
Following this Area-Round victory in the 2A Div. I Region I bracket, the Badgers could face a familiar foe in Wall next week. The Hawks (9-1) play Bushland on Saturday in Snyder.
Merkel defeated Wall 40-29 in week one of the regular season.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident