MIDLAND, Texas - The Merkel Badgers will play football for at least one more week, after beating Littlefield 21-14 on Thanksgiving Night.
the Badgers withstood a slugfest that left both teams scoreless in the first half.
The momentum picked up, and both teams exchanged scores, before tying the game at 14. Down 8-6 in the 4th quarter, the Badgers orchestrated an electric comeback that included 15 points.
Following this Area-Round victory in the 2A Div. I Region I bracket, the Badgers could face a familiar foe in Wall next week. The Hawks (9-1) play Bushland on Saturday in Snyder.
Merkel defeated Wall 40-29 in week one of the regular season.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program