ABILENE, Texas - Bill Allcorn (Abilene High/Baylor) is in the middle of his fourth year as a member of the Adams Golf Pro Tour Series.
From March to October, the tour makes its way through Kansas, Louisiana, and Texas.
Of the five stops in the lone star state, the Young Life Abilene Open is only event within the Big Country area. It's the one stretch of time during the tour that Allcorn gets to compete professionally, and see his family at the same time.
"It's nice being at home and staying with the folks," Allcorn told KTXS. "My wife is coming in from Waco. We haven't seen each other for weeks, so to have her come will be nice. Normally I get out to Abilene two or three times other then Christmas, so to be able to spend the week with the family and being able to go to church with my mom yesterday was nice," added Allcorn.
The former AHS standout currently ranks seventh on the Adams Pro Golf Tour Series money list. He has made the cut seven of eight times with a second and third place finish on his 2013 resume.
Allcorn graduated from Abilene High in 2004 where he was a four-year letterwinner on the golf team. He also lettered in basketball, and earned all-district honors on the golf team his senior year.
The 27 year-old played four more years at Baylor before he joined his father Stan, and mother Claudia as Baylor graduates in 2009. Allcorn earned all-academic honors every year during his time at Baylor. He was selected to the Big 12 all-tournament team in 2009.
On Tuesday, June 25th, the pro competitors will join the public in a Pro-Am tournament at Diamondback Golf Club.
The Young Life Abilene Open is a four-day tournament which takes place June 26-29 at Diamondback Golf Club.
Late registration information for amateur golfers can be found at: http://agpts.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/agpt13/event/agpt1310/index.htm.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances stay in the forecast
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase