ABILENE, Texas - According to McMurry sports information director Dave Beyer, former War Hawk quarterback Jake Mullin (Burleson, Texas) is going to get a chance to sell his skills at the NFL level after all. Despite not getting selected in last weekend's draft, Mullin has been invited to the Seattle Seahawks Rookie Minicamp on May 10-12.
Mullin will participate in the minicamp as an undrafted rookie free agent.
In the 2013 NFL draft, Seattle did not draft any quarterbacks among its 11 picks. Likewise, the Seahawks failed to sign any QBs among its nine undrafted free agents agreeing to post-draft contracts, thus far.
Seattle returns incumbent starting signal-caller Russell Wilson (Wisconsin), now in his third NFL season. The Seahawks also signed six-year NFL veteran Brady Quinn (Notre Dame) and former Texas A&M quarterback Jerrod Johnson prior to the draft. Josh Portis (California, PA) – who has been with the Seahawks for two seasons – is also still on the team's roster, as well.
In Mullin, Seahawks' head coach Pete Carroll and staff will be evaluating a player who threw for 12,457 yards (319.4 y.p.g.) and 114 touchdowns (2.9 td.p.g.) in his career at McMurry. Seattle ranked 27th out of the 32 NFL teams in passing offense in 2012 (189 y.p.g.) and was 17th in total offense (350.6 y.p.g.).
- Updated Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire