SAN ANTONIO - Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker scored 18 points each and the San Antonio Spurs beat the Los Angeles Lakers 91-79 on Sunday in Game 1 of their Western Conference first-round series.
Tim Duncan added 17 points and 10 rebounds, Matt Bonner had 10 points and Kawhi Leonard had eight points and 11 rebounds for San Antonio.
Dwight Howard had 20 points and 15 rebounds, Steve Nash scored 16 points and Pau Gasol added 16 points and 16 rebounds for Los Angeles.
Despite the double-doubles from Howard and Gasol, the Lakers failed to take full advantage of their inside presence, much to the consternation of the Kobe Bryant, who watched the national broadcast.
"Post. Post. Post," Bryant tweeted in reference to the Lakers' offense.
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene