SAN ANTONIO - Brittney Griner had 26 points, seven rebounds and five blocks and the Phoenix Mercury outlasted the San Antonio Silver Stars 83-77 on Tuesday night for their fifth win in six games.
Shameka Christon, Danielle Adams and Danielle Robinson each had 15 points for San Antonio, which has lost five of six.
DeWanna Bonner had 14 points and Candice Dupree had 12 rebounds for Phoenix. Diana Taurasi, who came in averaging a league-leading 24.6 points, was limited to 18 points for the Mercury, but Griner more than made up for it.
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event