SAN ANTONIO - Brittney Griner had 26 points, seven rebounds and five blocks and the Phoenix Mercury outlasted the San Antonio Silver Stars 83-77 on Tuesday night for their fifth win in six games.
Shameka Christon, Danielle Adams and Danielle Robinson each had 15 points for San Antonio, which has lost five of six.
DeWanna Bonner had 14 points and Candice Dupree had 12 rebounds for Phoenix. Diana Taurasi, who came in averaging a league-leading 24.6 points, was limited to 18 points for the Mercury, but Griner more than made up for it.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies