SAN ANTONIO - Brittney Griner had 26 points, seven rebounds and five blocks and the Phoenix Mercury outlasted the San Antonio Silver Stars 83-77 on Tuesday night for their fifth win in six games.
Shameka Christon, Danielle Adams and Danielle Robinson each had 15 points for San Antonio, which has lost five of six.
DeWanna Bonner had 14 points and Candice Dupree had 12 rebounds for Phoenix. Diana Taurasi, who came in averaging a league-leading 24.6 points, was limited to 18 points for the Mercury, but Griner more than made up for it.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated