ABILENE, TX - High School football season is just under a month a way, and Friday, an announcement was made regarding one of Abilene's football traditions, the Champions Classic.
The Classic is celebrating ten years this season, and had members of Abilene Sports Alliance reveal some new changes to the event..
Among them include a dance cam, which is much like the Texas Rangers kiss cam, but for dancing. Abilene and Cooper's dance teams will teach an Action Zone Champions Classic dance to fans, that will be performed at each game.
Also, the Classic will not only donate scholarship funds to local players, but offer one thousand dollar scholarships to a player from each out of town school for their participation.
Cooper, Abilene, Brock, Brady, and Colleyville Heritage will be this years classic teams that feature games August 28th-30th at Shotwell Stadium.
For Eagles head coach Steve Warren, the Classic has become a marquee event.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash