ABILENE, TX - High School football season is just under a month a way, and Friday, an announcement was made regarding one of Abilene's football traditions, the Champions Classic.
The Classic is celebrating ten years this season, and had members of Abilene Sports Alliance reveal some new changes to the event..
Among them include a dance cam, which is much like the Texas Rangers kiss cam, but for dancing. Abilene and Cooper's dance teams will teach an Action Zone Champions Classic dance to fans, that will be performed at each game.
Also, the Classic will not only donate scholarship funds to local players, but offer one thousand dollar scholarships to a player from each out of town school for their participation.
Cooper, Abilene, Brock, Brady, and Colleyville Heritage will be this years classic teams that feature games August 28th-30th at Shotwell Stadium.
For Eagles head coach Steve Warren, the Classic has become a marquee event.
- Updated Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- Updated House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- Updated Abilene man accused of molesting 4-year-old boy
- Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Abilene man arrested on child pornography charges
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities