ABILENE, Texas - ACU basketball held its high school team camp on Saturday afternoon.
Summer workouts are in full swing as 22 teams participated from as far out as Austin for the chance to be in front of collegiate coaches, as well as get a taste for college life. The tournament-style play adds another competitive level and gives athletes the full experience.
"It's been a great experience, " said ACU assistant basketball coach Brette Tanner. "We've had high school teams from all the way in Austin, Odessa, right in our area, all the way with Wylie high school. It's been a great opportunity for them to get on campus and see everything we have to offer here at ACU, and of course it's a great opportunity for us to see some young kids."
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget