ABILENE, Texas - ACU basketball held its high school team camp on Saturday afternoon.
Summer workouts are in full swing as 22 teams participated from as far out as Austin for the chance to be in front of collegiate coaches, as well as get a taste for college life. The tournament-style play adds another competitive level and gives athletes the full experience.
"It's been a great experience, " said ACU assistant basketball coach Brette Tanner. "We've had high school teams from all the way in Austin, Odessa, right in our area, all the way with Wylie high school. It's been a great opportunity for them to get on campus and see everything we have to offer here at ACU, and of course it's a great opportunity for us to see some young kids."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated