ABILENE, Texas - Abilene High continued their perfect 2012 with a win over Mojo this Friday at Shotwell Stadium. Of course, if you asked Coch Steve Warren about it, the 'W' was all that mattered at the time. It wasn't until after the game that coach Warren and his team were notified that senior Wide Receiver Keevan Lucas had broken two AHS records -- one that had been set all the way back in 1970.
"Last year I set my marks and made the goal of breaking Jerale Badon's record and I ended up doing it, so it was a good feeling for me" Lucas told KTXS on Wednesday at practice.
The record the Tulsa commit spoke of was the 11 receptions mark which Badon tied in 2001. Lucas topped that record by one and extended his school's record for yards in a game from 216 to 220.
"It was a great accomplishment, the records for receptions and yards but we were so focused on the game that we weren't even aware of it at the time" Coach Warren explained.
After the game, Keevan and his quarterback Evin Abbe were exstatic about their ability to be on the same page. Although the team is happy to be flawless while in preperation for week 5, Keevan Lucas' individual performance was something top behold. For his individual effort which put his team in a position to be 4-0, Keevan Lucas is our Abilene Teachers Federal Credit Union KTXS Player of the Week.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017