SNYDER, Texas - On five different occasions this season, Snyder lost a game by four points or less.
As a result the tigers started the year 0-4, and needed to get back on track in district play.
Back to back wins including a huge district win over sweetwater in their pocket, the stage was set for a dramatic and exciting finish in week ten.
Beat Midland Greenwood, and it's off to the post-season
Senior D'Vincent Allison helped complete Snyder's playoff mission by carrying the offense on his back. The all-district tailback rushed for 243 yards and four touchdowns leading his to team to victory.
"Man he ran the ball great," head coach Aubrey Sims told KTXS. "I think he's just gotten stronger every game all year long he was breaking tackles. We did a good job up front but he made some plays too by himself that made everybody go wild," added Sims.
"He's just a beast, he deserves it (player of the week)," senior quarterback Skillet Reinhart told KTXS. "All year he's been working hard in the weight room off season i'm just really proud of D'Vincent. I love having him by my side.
"I'm really proud of my team with the way they played last friday night," Allison told KTXS. "They had great blocks. They all did a really good job.
As if Allison's night couldn't get any better, after the Tigers clinched their spot in the playoffs, they ended the night by celebrating their star running back's birthday.
"We talked about it (his birthday) a little bit in the locker room and he said he was gonna 'go ff' and he did," says Coach Sims.
"The team had that vibe going for him that it's his birthday and it was good everybody up front wanted to block for him," added Rinehart.
"I just told them that I was going hard," added Allison. "I mean it was our last game to ever play in this stadium and it being senior night it was kind of an emotional thing at first with the seniors with the parents and everything but once it got to game time I was ready to go."
The Tigers will face Clint in the 3A division one bi-district round at 7:30, Friday in Kermit.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth