BANGS, Texas - Baseball teams can rise to the occassion when a pitcher is locked in and throwing a fantastic game. But to throw well over a dozen strikeouts? That's just going for show, right?
Back on April 13th, Aaron Keller of Bangs, fanned 12 Jim Ned Indians.
This past weekend J.T. Newton "officially" threw 16 strikeouts in a playoff win against Cisco.
The Dragons have enjoyed good pitching in recent history.
"It's nice for us we've had some quality kids the last couple of years. I mean, you know the last 3-4 years we've had two or three good pitchers and one of the things is, coach Metta does a great job with them," head coach Jim Bob Williams said.
Senior pitcher Aaron Keller said, "I love pitching in those type of games where there's a lot of experience into it. It shows a lot for our defense on games like that where we can just throw strikes and our defense can cover us."
Bangs will hit the road and travel north to Snyder this Friday when they play Holliday in the 2-A Region I Quarterfinals.
Game one is scheduled to start at 7pm.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer