BANGS, Texas - Baseball teams can rise to the occassion when a pitcher is locked in and throwing a fantastic game. But to throw well over a dozen strikeouts? That's just going for show, right?
Back on April 13th, Aaron Keller of Bangs, fanned 12 Jim Ned Indians.
This past weekend J.T. Newton "officially" threw 16 strikeouts in a playoff win against Cisco.
The Dragons have enjoyed good pitching in recent history.
"It's nice for us we've had some quality kids the last couple of years. I mean, you know the last 3-4 years we've had two or three good pitchers and one of the things is, coach Metta does a great job with them," head coach Jim Bob Williams said.
Senior pitcher Aaron Keller said, "I love pitching in those type of games where there's a lot of experience into it. It shows a lot for our defense on games like that where we can just throw strikes and our defense can cover us."
Bangs will hit the road and travel north to Snyder this Friday when they play Holliday in the 2-A Region I Quarterfinals.
Game one is scheduled to start at 7pm.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family