STAMFORD, Texas - Graham will provide the stage, Seymour and Stamford will provided the action in Thursday's series opener in this regional quarterfinal match-up.
Pitching must be the word right now, across the Big Country. Stamford's Kyle Barnett is coming off a 10-strikeout performance, doing his part to help the Bulldogs gut out a narrow 2-1 victory in the 1-game series.
In a season of great success and many blowout victories, head coach Lannie Templeton spoke with KTXS Sports about what his team has taken from a hard-fought win.
"I think we all learn from it. From the head coach down, we learn how to take ourselves, put ourselves in a position like that and overcome it," Templeton said.
"We practiced more defense, worked some more defense, then pitching a little bit. I think we're going to have a couple more guys throw bull pen probably," Barnett said of preparing for Seymour this week.
Game one is scheduled to start at 6pm on Thursday in Graham. Game two is scheduled to start Saturday at noon.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9