ABILENE, Texas - "We're probably gonna be remembered for a while after we leave."
Words from Cooper senior Baha Israfilov that will more than likely ring true for a long time.
Baha is a forward for the Cooper boys Soccer team. The same team that just won its first playoff game in program history. Sure, they've been to the postseason before, but never past the first round. These Coogs are fording through uncharted waters.
"We're headed in the right direction. We're doing the right things for our program to continue to advance," head coach Lalo Munoz said.
Winning that first game was an exciting experience for not just Munoz, but the entire team.
"Being able to win this first game was huge for our program and for the younger kids that are in our program now, they see the success and everything that they're doing is paying off."
The journey doesn't have to end. Munoz and his crop of Cougars can extend their season another round if they beat Houston high school Friday night.
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Texas Border Patrol agents save nearly 40 immigrants
- Updated Cash Saver renovating property for new Abilene location