ABILENE, Texas - Cooper High School hosted their annual future Coogs football camp this week on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Kids from kindergarten to 8th grade hit the field with Cooper coaches and some of the Varsity Coogs. The campers played games and participated in competitions.
"It's all a next stage thing," said Cooper Head Football Coach Todd Moebes. "Our guys probably look up to guys that are playing Saturdays, and then on Sundays. These future Coogs are looking up to our guys that play at Shotwell on Friday nights. Being able to give these guys a vision of something they want to grow up and be is very, very important."
- Updated $108M later, Port of Houston gives up on cruise ships
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Reagan's daughter criticizes decision to free Hinkley
- Updated Gang member on Texas 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught