ABILENE, Texas - One thing was for certain Friday at Blackburn Field, there was no shortage of offense in Abilene High's 8-5 loss to district-leading Midland High.
Payton Coffman picked up his first strikeout of the game in the first inning, then allowed the Bulldogs to score two runs before ending the frame. Coffman then threw a strikeout to end the Bulldogs' scoring threat in the 2nd inning.
After falling into a 3-0 hole, Abilene High charged to a 5-3 lead midway through the contest. But Midland High answered with another onslaught of offense to take an 8-5 lead later in the game.
The Eagles have one more contest to close out the regular season, a final Crosstown Showdown meeting with Cooper on Saturday.
- Calais 'Jungle': Demolition of massive migrant camp to begin
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- KTXS Forecast: Cloud cover temporarily increases for Tuesday
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer