ABILENE, Texas - Four Cooper Cougars are taking their talents to Angelo State and Cisco College next fall.
Anthony Pierson and Fred Lawrence are both committed to play for ASU, Kerry Sims and Michael Green will play for Cisco College.
Surrounded by family, friends and fellow Cooper teammates, all were smiling ear to ear. Fred Lawrence told KTXS Sports, this has been a long time coming.
"It feels great to get this over with, I've been anxious for a couple weeks now. It feels good to sign the paper finally," Lawrence said.
Anthony Pierson spoke about playing in a familiar stadium.
"It wasn't my best game playing there at that stadium, but we had some good memories playing there. Won our last district game in high school there. I like the stadium, the facilities there are pretty nice there too," Pierson said.
He also spoke highly of the recruiting process with Angelo State, saying coaches there were eager to use him in their game plan.
"Being a receiver they pass the ball a lot, so I gotta be open. And I talked to the Offensive coordinator and he really likes my size and they would love to use me early and often."
- Sweetwater teen wins gold medal in national powerlifting competition
- Texas woman slain as boyfriend shoots at another man
- Official: Storm triggered sensor that halted new Six Flags roller coaster
- Brownwood police release ID of man shot in head, upgrade charges against suspect
- KTXS Forecast: Thunderstorm chances continue as next cold front approaches
- Abilene families release butterflies to remember their loved ones
- Young horse riders show off skills in Abilene
- Dog show held at Mall of Abilene
- Eighteen seniors graduate from Abilene Christian School
- Weather doesn't keep Williams from canvassing for votes
- Abilene's new aquatic center to open mid-June
- 3 firefighters, 1 other injured in Brownwood house fire
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Brownwood, suspect arrested
- TEA says Mullin ISD violated education codes, defrauded state
- Brown County man sentenced to 35 years in prison for child sex crime
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent says school will be open next year
- Brown County law enforcement holds ceremony honoring fallen officers
- Dyess We Care Team repairs the home of a WWII veteran
- Sweetwater residents welcome rain after severe storm
- NWS confirms multiple tornadoes touched down in northern Brown County
- DPS identifies driver of 18-wheeler that crashed off overpass in Callahan County
- Rain totals: 'Quite measurable' amounts recorded in Big Country
- Sweetwater police chase ends with car on top of 2 pickup trucks