ABILENE, Texas - Four Cooper Cougars are taking their talents to Angelo State and Cisco College next fall.
Anthony Pierson and Fred Lawrence are both committed to play for ASU, Kerry Sims and Michael Green will play for Cisco College.
Surrounded by family, friends and fellow Cooper teammates, all were smiling ear to ear. Fred Lawrence told KTXS Sports, this has been a long time coming.
"It feels great to get this over with, I've been anxious for a couple weeks now. It feels good to sign the paper finally," Lawrence said.
Anthony Pierson spoke about playing in a familiar stadium.
"It wasn't my best game playing there at that stadium, but we had some good memories playing there. Won our last district game in high school there. I like the stadium, the facilities there are pretty nice there too," Pierson said.
He also spoke highly of the recruiting process with Angelo State, saying coaches there were eager to use him in their game plan.
"Being a receiver they pass the ball a lot, so I gotta be open. And I talked to the Offensive coordinator and he really likes my size and they would love to use me early and often."
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances stay in the forecast
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase