ABILENE, Texas - Gregg Ruffin will be the next coach of Wylie's boys basketball team. Ruffin served as assistant coach under highly successful head coach Russell Perkins for 14 years.
Ruffin has spent 16 years with the Wylie school district. He played college hoops at Hardin-Simmons University from 1991-95. He said he's excited about the opportunity.
Perkins recently announced he was leaving Wylie for an assistant position in Argyle. Perkins led the Bulldogs to a 34-5 record and a state semifinals berth this year while capturing his 500th career win.
For more on this story, watch KTXS Sports tonight.
- Updated Abilene councilman on water bill complaints: Meters are being read
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season