ABILENE, Texas - Gregg Ruffin will be the next coach of Wylie's boys basketball team. Ruffin served as assistant coach under highly successful head coach Russell Perkins for 14 years.
Ruffin has spent 16 years with the Wylie school district. He played college hoops at Hardin-Simmons University from 1991-95. He said he's excited about the opportunity.
Perkins recently announced he was leaving Wylie for an assistant position in Argyle. Perkins led the Bulldogs to a 34-5 record and a state semifinals berth this year while capturing his 500th career win.
For more on this story, watch KTXS Sports tonight.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated