ABILENE, Texas - Gregg Ruffin will be the next coach of Wylie's boys basketball team. Ruffin served as assistant coach under highly successful head coach Russell Perkins for 14 years.
Ruffin has spent 16 years with the Wylie school district. He played college hoops at Hardin-Simmons University from 1991-95. He said he's excited about the opportunity.
Perkins recently announced he was leaving Wylie for an assistant position in Argyle. Perkins led the Bulldogs to a 34-5 record and a state semifinals berth this year while capturing his 500th career win.
For more on this story, watch KTXS Sports tonight.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend