ABILENE, Texas - Wylie's Mike Lopez has done something no Bulldogs' boys basketball player has ever done before. Tuesday night, Lopez committed to suit up with Division 1 University of Texas-Pan American in the fall.
UTPA is a member of the Western Athletic Conference, and plays the likes of fellow Lone Star schools such as TCU, SMU and Texas A&M.
During his tenure with Wylie, Lopez was a three-time All-State selection and the Abilene Reporter News' 2014 Big Country Player of the Year. He led Wylie to a 62-9 record over the past two seasons, averaging 20 points and five assists in his senior year.
Former Wylie girls basketball player Peyton Little is currently playing at Division 1 University of Oklahoma after playing for one year at Division 1 Texas A&M.
Lopez told KTXS on the phone that he's excited and plans to join the team in the fall.
- Updated Flint water crisis: New criminal charges filed
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated Firefighters extinguish garbage truck fire in north Abilene