LUBBOCK, Texas - CLASS 3A
Wylie 57, Hirschi 55 (Final)
Micael Lopez had shot just 2 for 13 from the field leading up to his final shot of Saturdays 3A regional final. Fortunately for the Wylie Bulldogs, Lopez's last shot went through the bottom of the net with just 2.3 seconds left.
The Bulldogs are now off to the 3A state semifinals after a 57-55 win over Hirschi in the 3A regionals.
Duane Hopper was named regional tournament MVP. Hopper scored 41 points in the Bulldogs two wins over Seminole and Hirschi.
Wylie will face Dallas Madison in the 3A state semifinals on Thursday at 1:30pm at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin.
CLASS 1A Division I
Triple A Academy 87, Stamford 61 (Final)
CLASS 1A Division II
Water Valley 62, Throckmorton 43 (Final)
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday