ABILENE, Texas - Abilene High School assistant softball coach David McNally has been promoted to head softball coach, AHS athletic coordinator Steve Warren announced Wednesday.
McNally, the Lady Eagles' assistant softball coach and JV head coach for the past six years, succeeds Shay Cox, who resigned to become volleyball coach at Wylie High School.
"I am excited to name Coach McNally as our head softball coach," Warren said. "His experience within our program and the district as a whole makes him a great choice for the job."
A McMurry University graduate, McNally also has served AHS as an assistant coach in volleyball and softball and teaches Algebra.
Information for this story provided by Abilene ISD.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs