WICHITA FALLS, Texas - If you blinked you missed it! It took the Munday Moguls no time to assert their dominance in Friday's 1A Div. II semifinal game against Wellington.
The Moguls, which played Wellington in the same round last year, came away with another convincing, and seemingly smooth win Friday night, 48-6.
At the beginning of the week, they told KTXS they would not take this game lightly. They proved that, scoring very early in the first quarter on a Tyrone Dockins run to make it 6-0.
After that, Wellington proved no match for the explosive offense the Moguls provide on a weekly basis.
Rodderick Taylor scored Munday's second touchdown of the night, followed by Dee Paul, which made the score 21-0 at that point in the first half.
Munday advances to a rematch of last year's 1A Div. II state title game against Tenaha. The Tigers beat Falls City 42-14 in the other semifinal game.
These two will meet up next Thursday, December 20th at Cowboys Stadium. That game will kick off at noon.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9