WICHITA FALLS, Texas - If you blinked you missed it! It took the Munday Moguls no time to assert their dominance in Friday's 1A Div. II semifinal game against Wellington.
The Moguls, which played Wellington in the same round last year, came away with another convincing, and seemingly smooth win Friday night, 48-6.
At the beginning of the week, they told KTXS they would not take this game lightly. They proved that, scoring very early in the first quarter on a Tyrone Dockins run to make it 6-0.
After that, Wellington proved no match for the explosive offense the Moguls provide on a weekly basis.
Rodderick Taylor scored Munday's second touchdown of the night, followed by Dee Paul, which made the score 21-0 at that point in the first half.
Munday advances to a rematch of last year's 1A Div. II state title game against Tenaha. The Tigers beat Falls City 42-14 in the other semifinal game.
These two will meet up next Thursday, December 20th at Cowboys Stadium. That game will kick off at noon.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web