AUSTIN, Texas - The historic season put together by the Highland lady Hornets came to an end Friday, after a heartbreaking 41-19 loss to top-ranked Saltillo in the UIL 1A Div. II state semifinal in Austin.
Highland was limited to a combined 6/32 (18.8%) shooting for the entire game. Sierra Allen, a cornerstone to this year's team, was limited to just 4 points on 2/10 shooting. Saltillo shot 33.3% from the floor, but made only 2/9 3-pointers the entire game.
This one loss doesn't sour what a special season this has been for Hornet fans, Highland made its first-ever trip to the state tournament this year.
Highland head coach Shea Baucom told KTXS, ""Once we get out of the locker room and get you know together in a different setting then they're gonna sit and visit and start to relay those memories and know that it's been a great run and we're extremely proud of them. Just because things didn't go our way today we're not gonna let that effect what we enjoyed to get here."
Saltillo advances to play Whitharral and Leakey.
Roscoe Highland ends its season with a final record of 31-5.
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman