ABILENE, TX - After a game 1 win on Wednesday, the Albany Lions hoped to stay alive while Stamford went for the sweep and a shot at the state tournament on Thursday.
It was a wet afternoon at ACU's Crutcher Scott Field.
Lions with a 1-0 lead early, but in the 2nd with the bases loaded, J.D. Davis blasts one to deep left field and to the wall and all three runners are able to come around and score making it 3-1 Stamford.
After going down 6-1, Albany quiets the Bulldog run in the 3rd as Michael Cotter makes the play at first for out number two and then how about the heads up of Drew Neece who fires it back to third and picks off the bulldog runner -- that ends the inning.
With that play, Albany charges back. Bottom of the 3rd, run scores off a bad pitch and then Cotter smacks one down the left field line which allows Alex Faith and Joshua Dyer to trot home and cut the lead 6-4.
The rally ends in extra innings however, as Stamford hangs on to advance to state 10-9.
- Update: Abilene police find missing ‘mentally challenged' man
- TxDOT: Hwy 351 at I-20 now 'fully' open to traffic
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson