STAMFORD, Texas - Stamford baseball has proven itself to be the "gold standard" in 1A Region I. Each of the last four years, its been the Bulldogs that punch their ticket to Austin.
"This team is mature as any that we've had in the last 4 years," head coach Lannie Templeton said.
The Bulldogs found themselves in a game 3 situation last weekend against Booker, after dropping game 2 by a final of 4-3.
"We told ourselves to just weather the storm and stick it out. And we knew that if we'd be there in the long run and be there in the last few innings we'll come through with a couple clutch at bats that we'd be alright and we'd come out on top," senior pitcher Gus West told KTXS.
Now, its on to Forsan, a team the Bulldogs faced earlier in the year during a practice game. A team that has impressive power at the plate.
"They have a program a lot like ours. They have a lot of tradition," Templeton said.
"When we played them (in a practice game), they swung the ball hard and we were lucky to make some defensive plays. But it's going to come down to our defense."
Game 1 between Stamford and Forsan is Friday at 5 pm, with game 2 starting at 7. The if-needed game 3 will be Saturday at 11 am. All games will be played in Hermleigh.
- Calais 'Jungle': Demolition of massive migrant camp to begin
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- KTXS Forecast: Cloud cover temporarily increases for Tuesday
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer