AUSTIN, Texas - The University Interscholastic League and MaxPreps.com, have signed a partnership agreement for the next three years. The partnership will enable the UIL to provide a customized sports information platform for its member schools.
UILTexas.org will launch the UIL Texas Scoreboard which will give teams a central location for reporting all box score information. The data collected through the UIL Texas Scoreboard, powered by MaxPreps, will be used for managing various initiatives across the state, including UIL state championship brackets, UIL statistical leaderboards, and the UIL state record book.
"We are pleased to partner with MaxPreps and utilize the technology available to us," said Dr. Mark Cousins, UIL Director of Athletics. "The agreement between UIL and MaxPreps will help streamline information submission for our member schools, and provide more information for our fans and student-athletes."
MaxPreps.com, one of the nation's most visited sites for high school sports information and results, has been on the prep sports scene since 2002 and has successfully partnered with several other state athletic associations.
"MaxPreps has worked hard for the past ten years developing solutions for schools, teams, and coaches. We are thrilled to now be tasked with powering the Texas UIL Scoreboard", said Andy Beal, President and Founder of MaxPreps. "It is no secret that high school sports in Texas are extraordinary. The state is blessed with amazing student-athletes, committed coaches and athletic administrators, tremendous fan and community interest and the leadership of the UIL. There is simply no other state like Texas."
Founded in August 2002, MaxPreps.com is headquartered in Cameron Park, California and is a unit of CBS Interactive.
Information for this story provided by MaxPreps.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated