LUBBOCK, Texas - The Wylie boys and girls tennis teams continue to dominate the 3A landscape, qualifying an impressive 12 players for the state tournament in College Station starting Monday, April 29th.
Delaney Schroeder won the girls singles regional, and will have the chance to defend her state title from a year ago. If she wins said title, it will be her fourth title in as many years.
Rayce Roberson won the boys singles in Region I-3A, and will have the opportunity to defend his state title.
Shelby Corn and Brittany Smyser won the girls doubles. Teammate tandem Sabra Zullo and Rachel McMillan took second and will also advance to state.
In mixed doubles, the team of Whitney Frazier and Weston Ueckert won the regional title to advance to College Station. Teammates Kunal Shah & Shree Patel took 3rd place Thursday.
Rahil and Nital Patel won the boys doubles regional to earn a state berth, while Wyatt Newcomb and Brendan Thompson advance with the second place finish.
In all, the Bulldogs qualified all but four players, but took first place in every draw at regionals. Boys and girls singles quarterfinals kick off the 3A state tournament on the campus of Texas A&M in about a week and a half.
- Updated Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Updated Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer