GARLAND, Texas - After winning the first two sets of their 3A state semifinal match 25-22, 25-18, the Wylie Lady Bulldogs found themselves on the ropes after losing the following two sets 17-25, 23-25, to force a fifth and deciding set.
Wylie, the top ranked team in 3A, found a way to win the fifth set 18-16, defeating Argyle to advance to their third straight state final in as many years.
The Lady Bulldogs will face the winner of LaGrange/Cleveland Tarkington Saturday, November 17th at 2pm in Garland.
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Texas student who dressed as slave told to change
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend