GARLAND, Texas - It took three years to finally win that last set, but the Wylie Bulldogs found a way to get it done when it counted most.
After splitting the first four sets in the 3A state championship, Wylie and La Grange went back and forth in the fifth and deciding set.
The Lady Bulldogs prevailed 15-12 in the fifth set. Wylie's Tucker Smith was named the MVP of the state tournament.
Head coach Maggie Hunt saw her team come out one set short the last two years in the 3A state finals, and now she can call her team the 3A champs after a dramatic 3-2 win over La Grange in the 2012 3A state finals.
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets