GARLAND, Texas - It took three years to finally win that last set, but the Wylie Bulldogs found a way to get it done when it counted most.
After splitting the first four sets in the 3A state championship, Wylie and La Grange went back and forth in the fifth and deciding set.
The Lady Bulldogs prevailed 15-12 in the fifth set. Wylie's Tucker Smith was named the MVP of the state tournament.
Head coach Maggie Hunt saw her team come out one set short the last two years in the 3A state finals, and now she can call her team the 3A champs after a dramatic 3-2 win over La Grange in the 2012 3A state finals.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated