ABILENE, Texas - Five Wylie athletes took the final step toward their collegiate careers on National Signing Day.
Madison McAdams, who transferred to Wylie from Midland before her senior year, signed to play soccer with Texas Tech next fall. McAdams plans to compete right away for playing time in the midfield for the Lady Red Raiders.
Four other Wylie seniors committed to Hardin-Simmons University in three separate sports.
Shante Brown, a two-way standout in football, chose the Cowboys over Tarleton State. Brown, a 4-3A all-district player on offense and defense, plans to play receiver for HSU next fall.
Kylie Jenkins and Tucker Smith, who played on Wylie's state championship squad in volleyball, will play for HSU. The two expressed excitement to play for head coach Sabrina Bingham.
Braleigh Middleton, a standout in softball, will also attend HSU. She looks forward to joining the new coaching staff lead by HSU's head coach Arin Spence-Salas.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store