ABILENE, Texas - Five Wylie athletes took the final step toward their collegiate careers on National Signing Day.
Madison McAdams, who transferred to Wylie from Midland before her senior year, signed to play soccer with Texas Tech next fall. McAdams plans to compete right away for playing time in the midfield for the Lady Red Raiders.
Four other Wylie seniors committed to Hardin-Simmons University in three separate sports.
Shante Brown, a two-way standout in football, chose the Cowboys over Tarleton State. Brown, a 4-3A all-district player on offense and defense, plans to play receiver for HSU next fall.
Kylie Jenkins and Tucker Smith, who played on Wylie's state championship squad in volleyball, will play for HSU. The two expressed excitement to play for head coach Sabrina Bingham.
Braleigh Middleton, a standout in softball, will also attend HSU. She looks forward to joining the new coaching staff lead by HSU's head coach Arin Spence-Salas.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated