ABILENE, Texas - Five Wylie athletes took the final step toward their collegiate careers on National Signing Day.
Madison McAdams, who transferred to Wylie from Midland before her senior year, signed to play soccer with Texas Tech next fall. McAdams plans to compete right away for playing time in the midfield for the Lady Red Raiders.
Four other Wylie seniors committed to Hardin-Simmons University in three separate sports.
Shante Brown, a two-way standout in football, chose the Cowboys over Tarleton State. Brown, a 4-3A all-district player on offense and defense, plans to play receiver for HSU next fall.
Kylie Jenkins and Tucker Smith, who played on Wylie's state championship squad in volleyball, will play for HSU. The two expressed excitement to play for head coach Sabrina Bingham.
Braleigh Middleton, a standout in softball, will also attend HSU. She looks forward to joining the new coaching staff lead by HSU's head coach Arin Spence-Salas.
- Updated Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire