HOUSTON - Houston right fielder Justin Maxwell has left the game against St. Louis because of a concussion on Tuesday night.
Maxwell was injured when he banged his head on the grass while diving for a fly ball in the fourth inning.
He remained face down on the field for a couple of minutes while trainers attended to him. He soon got up and rubbed his face and head a few times before slowly walking off the field.
He was replaced by J.D. Martinez.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated