HOUSTON - Houston right fielder Justin Maxwell has left the game against St. Louis because of a concussion on Tuesday night.
Maxwell was injured when he banged his head on the grass while diving for a fly ball in the fourth inning.
He remained face down on the field for a couple of minutes while trainers attended to him. He soon got up and rubbed his face and head a few times before slowly walking off the field.
He was replaced by J.D. Martinez.
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season